Pages

4 Star Hotel Isabel, Fanabe, Costa Adeje, Tenerife


The invitation to the Hotel Isabel was something that really made me smile. Why? Because the hotel has always caught my eye from online information and it was one of my choices a few years ago but I never got to book it. The pretty little buildings were so different from other hotels and there is just something about this hotel that is like a magnet, pulling me closer and closer to inspect what it has to offer. As soon as I arrived at the front entrance of the reception, I was immediately hooked on how beautiful it looked.

Let me take you on a tour of the Hotel Isabel to see if you find it intriguing and I hope you enjoy it!

My first impression of the entrance to the hotel was like a little Swiss building in the summer. It was beautiful, spotlessly clean and charming. The steps that lead up to the front of the building gave me a sense of excitement to see what lay behind the front door.
First Impression of Hotel Isabel
As I walked into the reception area, I expected the usual 4-star style layout but I was immediately taken aback at the shear size and space within the reception area. It has a cosy feel with lots of wood furnishings and a comfy seating area. Calm and relaxing and if I am honest, the reception was visually a lot nicer than what I expected. Big wooden framed sofa’s and chairs with beamed ceilings, all beautifully maintained. The main reception area was a L-Shape room and the style continued right through to the bar area. Classic and tasteful and very nice. The best way to describe how I felt when I entered the main reception was warm, cosy and comfortable; the type of feeling you get when you sit at home on a winters day with a bowl of hot soup and you look outside at the snow falling onto the ground. Strange I know as you are actually in a country that has summer all year round but I certainly got that nice warm, glowing feeling at this hotel, even in the heat.
Hotel Reception & Staff (photo right: Selena)
I was introduced to my host Selena who was in-charge of my tour and immediately I got the sense of a warm welcome. We set off to take our first walk to look at one of the apartments which was at the back of the hotel. The mountain view to the apartment faced the front door and I noticed there was a lot of car parking availability should guests have a car. 

Standing facing the back of the hotel, it was nice to see the mountain views, bare looking, grey and volcanic; a true reflection of what the island is about but somehow stunning. I never thought that I would say that a grey mountain would look stunning as I am used to greenery, fields and flowers but this type of beauty is of a presence, ownership and statement. Intriguing and beautiful. The views from the top floor corridor were lovely with the mountains at one side and a Commercial shopping area to the other side. 

Entering into the apartment, I seen a large bathroom on my right-hand side; white tiles which were finished off with navy tile trimmings. The bathroom was a standard style with the shower and screen over the bath which was fine. It was immaculately clean and spacious so I would not think any family would be disappointed with this room. It was bright, airy and a good size.

Remember! This hotel did not prepare for me coming to visit them as at the time, I was visiting their sister hotel across the road Fanabe Costa Sur. They did not have any time to prepare for me so what I saw, is what you get.


What was my thoughts on the apartment? I actually loved it. It was compact but spacious and extremely well maintained. Spotlessly clean and the décor was really nice. The apartment had a bedroom which was a good size with plenty of storage space for clothes and the living area was combined with a kitchenette. The living area could be made into a single sofa bed for another person. It was certainly a lovely, self-contained apartment and well equipped for a small family. Creams, Orange and Gold colours all made up the apartment to ensure the guests had a vibrant and happy feel to the apartment. This makes up the theme and personality of the hotel, bright and cheerful. 

The bedroom was one of my favourite areas as it was well planned, inviting, spacious and it offered the guests a quality feel. Neat and tidy and larger than the average bedroom and it is offset so that you have some privacy. The guests stay is not based on sleeping and eating in the one room with a separate bathroom; no, you have the luxury of a bedroom plus a living area.
Hotel Apartment Layout (taken with curtains closed - room much brighter than actual photograph)
I did not expect what I was about to see and I definitely did not even consider how big this family hotel would be. It was amazing! 

Let us move out onto the balcony and take a look at the view. Wow! what a view. I could see the shear size of the hotel and the stunning little Canarian village was there, right in front of me. My eyes did not know where to look first as there was the beautiful and artistic buildings, jaccuzzi on the lower deck, swimming pool and individual streets. It was so different but so lovely. The balcony was a great size, large and plenty of space to walk across. I was mesmerised at the structure of the hotel, the colours of the buildings and the different shapes and sizes. You could never get bored looking from the balcony. I just kept thinking "how do the staff manage to walk around this hotel day in, day out". To give that extra finishing touch, I could see the sea from the balcony and I knew it was one of the best beaches for me on the island. Fanabe, Costa Adeje! simply fantastic.

The detail that has been put into the hotel village is unbelievable. Palm trees, shrubs, plants, walls, small gardens which consists of areas for children to participate in planting their own area. Nice little friendly and family touches. Each street has a name, just like your local village. 

There are different choices of types of accommodation which offer guest a chance to book an apartment, bungalow or villa. The villas offer a small jaccuzzi and there are 10 villas on the complex. 
Apartment balcony view
Selena lead the way for us to take a closer look at what this family holiday resort had to offer and it was during the tour that I got to understand that this lady knew her stuff about the hotel. It was clear that she was proud to work here; services were directed at how to make the guests get the most out of their holiday. The place was immaculately clean and cheerful with families relaxing in the sun, some enjoying the pool water bike exercises and the instructor who was in full swing of motivating the lessons but above all, a very happy and friendly place to be.

The main pool area was not as big as others I have seen but a really good size where you did not feel overcrowded or too many people in one place. I guess in peak school holiday season, this area would be buzzing and a central hub but on the day I visited, it was fully occupied and relaxed. The pool area reminded me more of a large family run hotel poolside, similar to my holidays spent in Greece and not your traditional large hotels. This is by no means a negative view on the facilities but it actually gives the hotel a focus on being different and it adds to the charm and character which makes this hotel quite unique. Would I feel comfortable spending my time around this pool? most definitely as I think it would encourage families to get to know each other better and like I have said previously, this hotel is all geared up to please families.

A little further on, you will then come to a smaller pool, complete with a children's slide and climbing area within the pool. This is a great spot for mums and dads to take time with their little ones and join in the fun or simply just relax and watch them play. Sun beds available around the shallow pool to keep a close eye on their little one and it is designed so it is totally safe and child friendly. (I have not included any photographs of this area due to children's identity and social media protection). Well done Selena who kindly stepped up her professional approach to point out not to include any children in the photographs. This indicates to me good training and professional skills and as I am a business woman and mother, I was pleased to hear these comments.
Main Pool Area (hotel has 2 family pools and 1 children's pool)
What was next on my list? Smoothie Bar and I did not expect to see this one coming and this was different. The little white hut was filled with fresh fruit, juices and alcohol so that guests can take a refreshing ice drink, made from their own choice. Loved this idea and it showed an innovative way of making the hotel stand out from others that I have been too. So ok, you have to pay for this as it is not included in the package but hey... you have to be prepared to spend a little money on holiday and this is a winner for me. Thumbs up from me and it also had a seating area to chill out. 

The smoothie was very good too!
Smoothie Bar
The family hotel has lots to offer for activities and as I walked around the little village. I had a glimpse at the children's mini club for 3 - 12 year olds which looked a good size with plenty to keep the kiddies occupied. Other facilities include Ping Pong, Billiards, Multisports Court and Mini Golf. Adults can enjoy time using the Diving Centre, Gym and Wellness Centre.

The site has a Laundrette, Hairdressers, Mini Market and Cybercafe (3 computers). Guests can take advantage of a baby sitter service for an extra charge if they feel this is something that they would like to use. Entertainment is daily and at night.

Adults can make use of the rooftop where there is a solarium and jacuzzi, relax and take time out to enjoy the quiet atmosphere away from the children.

The villas are spacious with a small jacuzzi in the gardens. Two good size bedrooms and two bathrooms. 
Villas and Village
So, I now have a good insight into what this hotel is all about, the staff are committed to their guests, friendly and helpful. Ask any holiday maker what is one of the top choices on their list for a good hotel and I bet food will be in the top 2 choices so I wanted to see if the quality of the food measured up to expectations. I was intrigued to find out as I knew their sister hotel Fanabe Costa Sur ranked high in my books for the restaurant, so it would be interesting to see if the Chef here could deliver the same or even better.

What can I say about the food? As I went into the restaurant, it was about 15 minutes until the doors opened and what struck me is how hard the people are working behind the scenes to ensure the guests receive the best standards.

It was Mexican night and so I sampled the wrap made by the one of the Chefs and gosh it was good. I was on a tight timescale as I had planned to eat with friends that night and I was a little sad that I could not take up the offer of staying and eat, as the food looked amazing. Steaks cooking, paella made, mountains of salad to choose from and hot food for self service. There is a children's corner where they can help themselves to pizza,chicken nuggets, pasta etc so there is something for all. 

The dessert corner contained a lovely selection of cakes, pastries, fruit and 2 chocolate fountains. I do not know how I managed to pull myself away from here. 
Restaurant Director, Sub Director and Head Chef
What immediately struck me is the speed and dedication the restaurant staff worked too. The restaurant Manager constantly checking that the presentation was perfect and it was impressive to see that he worked the staff to a tight deadline but he knew what needed to be done and how to do it. The Head Chef should be proud of what he has accomplished with this restaurant as it does him and his team proud. Not only for the lovely food that was put out to guests but the order of presentation, quality and cleanliness of it all. He has a good team around him and he obviously knows high standards. Well done to all the Chefs and restaurant team.
Restaurant Staff and Dining Area
Finally, it was really nice to speak with Maria Molinero, Sub Director who works extremely hard and is very professional and dedicated to customer service. What a lovely person and I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you.

I would also like to thank Cristobal Marrero, Director for taking his time out to meet me at the restaurant and I would like to say Well Done! for running a super family holiday hotel as I was very impressed with what this hotel has to offer. Simply enchanting and a very happy atmosphere. 

Keep up the good work to all the team at Hotel Isabel!

More information can be found on www.isabelfamilyhotel.com and you can read what guests think of this hotel on Tripadvisor.

Please Note: The photographs in the blog have been taken by myself whilst visiting the hotel and the opinions above are based on my own opinions, feelings and findings.










2 comments :

  1. Some of the hotels offer free breakfast, and some of them offer things like free room service. Get more interesting details about sandals resorts check this site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are going to visit Turkey or if you are just staying in the region for a few days you can rent a Grand Turk condo and enjoy the benefits of this luxurious accommodation. Check out this site to know more about caicos condo rental.

    ReplyDelete