Pages

Hotel Fanabe Costa Sur

If you have decided to stay in Fanabe, Costa Adeje, well you have chosen a nice place to stay to get that quality and up-market feel of a holiday. If you want a party life every night, then this is not for you. You need to head to Las Americas, the strip and you will be more suited in this area.

I will give you honest views based on my 11 nights stay at the hotel and it is also the comments made from my sister Maureen who I travelled with and who shared the same experience. I will not tell you what travel agents want to promote or what hotels want to mislead you into thinking, my write up will be based on our views only and what we feel is a true reflection of our hotel experience.

Hotel, Fanabe Costa Sur

Where do I start? I can only add that this hotel will not disappoint you if you are looking for a quality hotel, fine food and good service. Firstly, let me tell you about the location and the hotel and then I will move onto the food and overall quality.

Hotel Fanabe Costa Sur is situation in Avenida Bruselas, and is 500 meters from the beach and El Duque. It is ideally situated in a lovely location with easy reach to bars and restaurants. The hotel is set back from the road so this gives visitors more privacy and a peaceful surrounding. The 4-star hotel offers comfortable clean rooms and the service from staff was friendly and efficient. My comments are based on a stay at the hotel in January 2014.

I felt very safe staying at the Costa Sur, which I think is an important fact of a holiday. We were tempted to stay at the Hotel Isobel which is a stone’s throw away but we got the best deal for this one and went with the offer.

One of the best parts of this holiday was the food. I must say, I do like my food to have a high standard and I would say that during my stay, the food and selection here has been one of the best so far. The salads were so fresh and it was so difficult to chose from meat or fish. Well done to the chef’s and dining staff that put so much hard work into this part of the holiday.


You can tell a top hotel when they have an area of the dining hall and they cook part of the food in front of you. This service blows other hotels right out of the water as you know it is fresh and not pre-heated. A safer way to reduce any tummy troubles or hygiene issues. It also gives the restaurant a sense of atmosphere and feature.

Fanabe Costa Sur Hotel, Buffet
We stayed half board and if we were going to eat out that night, the hotel allowed us to have lunch in place of the evening meal. Let me tell you, the lunch menu was the same standard and choice so you cannot be disappointed, even at lunchtime.

The drinks in the bar were reasonable, what you would expect in a 4-star hotel but they did have a happy hour which gave a chance to meet others and get you ready for the night. The entertainment in the main reception and bar was low key and in my opinion, it could be made a little more exciting. More suited to the older couples. We didn’t go downstairs to the entertainment so I cannot comment on this.

The roof terrace was nice and I believe from memory, there is one part of this area where you can bear all and drop off all your swimwear or you can stay in the other part of the roof terrace and keep your swimwear firmly in place. Overall, I have stayed at a hotel with a better roof top for sunbathing but this one is fine.
Fanabe Costa Sur Hotel roof-top view and Pool located on ground level
I liked the idea of the hotel offering you an opportunity to get photographs taken with local women who are traditionally dressed in their costumes. This gave the hotel a nice touch and brought you back to some culture and made you remember what the island is about. You have an opportunity to purchase the photos at a pretty reasonable price.
Photographed at Fanabe Costa Sur Hotel
Overall, the hotel was very nice and the only slightly negative thing that was to be said was the entertainment could have been more directed at theme nights, events and more lively. A lesson can be gained from a hotel based in Los Cristianos called Paradise Park Hotel, now this is a hotel that gets 10/10 for entertaining their holiday guests. 

You wont be disappointed if you book up at Hotel Fanabe Costa Sur and maybe I might look at booking again to do a review or possibly trying out the Hotel Isobel to see what they have in store. More information can be found on www.fanabecostasur.com  

Stay posted for another write up soon as I will be travelling to stay at the Paradise Park Hotel in Los Cristianos so I can give you some good, honest feedback on this hotel.

2 comments :