Pages

Your Airline and Package Deal To Sunny Tenerife

Winter Sun? Yes please. 


There is nothing more stressful than the cold winter days, nights and long hours of darkness. The thought of this, just makes me want to hybernate for the full winter months and pop my head out of the house at Springtime. Some people love the winter but me, no thanks,  I would rather have the splendid sunshine, chilling out by the pool or taking long lazy walks.

The Canary Islands is a place where you will find sunshine all year round and Tenerife is one of my favourite places. Over the years, it has become a popular choice with tourists and what better way to experience Tenerife, is at the festive time. Navidad! The hotels are packed with seasonal decorations, lights and Papa Noel at Christmas. Celebrating Christmas in the sun can seem a little odd from what we are used to in Europe but hey, don't knock it until you have tried it (so we say). Christmas is what you make it and what better way to do something different and join in some Navidad celebrations with the locals.

Happy festive times ! December 2015
Flying with the right airline? 

Choosing the package deal is usually based on the holiday destination, hotel and board basis but we forget the little attention to detail such as a good airline provider. Yes this can play a big part in making your holiday a good experience and airlines are the start and end to your perfect holiday. What may seem like a good deal at the time of booking, may turn out to be less of a deal, if you did not get the little extras or attention to detail which other holiday makers may have received. 

Giving the customer that little bit more!

Certainly over the years, I have seen a rise in costs for flight only basis and sometimes it is not that much cheaper than the package holidays that are offered. Price is out of our control, and much of the airlines are around the same for their pricing strategy. This then leads me to look at what else the airline provider can offer in addition to price, so that at least you can feel you are getting more 'value for money'.

1. How much extra are you paying for luggage allowance? You need to monitor this when booking as it can vary in price and make a big difference if there are a few people travelling on the trip. Don't be fooled by a cheaper price displayed before going to the online check out section, as you may often see this price be bumped up once you have added in the luggage allowance. It can be disappointing.

2. Additional charges and hidden extras! pay special attention to any hidden costs. My opinion is that I would not pay extra for seating together or insurance via a travel agent. It bumps up your overall costs. Having said this, I booked my travel insurance via Jet2.com on my last flight and it was very competitive with a good customer service. My flight only deal offered me competitive insurance rates so that I did not have to spend endless hours on the internet shopping around. This was my first time choosing insurance with my airline provider.

3. Flexibility of times and dates of flights is a nice option. I always look at the flight times as well as the price and I like a morning flight if possible so that I land in Tenerife mid afternoon. It is not always possible but it does make a difference to your first day arrival.

So if you are planning a Winter, Spring or Summer holiday, think about the whole package and make sure that you get the most out of your airline operator by finding out what they have to offer. Jet2.com will offer you a baggage collection and boarding card for your return flight home and this is before you leave the hotel. Less stress and better value. No queuing at the airport and no transporting heavy cases onto airport buses. Winner for me! (this service applies to package holidays and not flights only).

Jet 2 Staff - taking care of their customers
Join me on my next adventure to Tenerife where I will be writing about my full journey from start to finish. I will take you on my tour to tell you about my airline choice, hotel, restaurants and much more!!!!  I have some exciting invitations to show you about what the Island can offer from food, romance and botanical beauty. Lots booked up for my next trip so stay posted and enjoy the ride.

Adios mi Amigos!!!

Tapas Dawn x


No comments :

Post a Comment