Pages

Fanabe, Costa Adeje



The coastline of Fanabe & El Duque

If you are looking for a place to walk, eat or drink, then this is a very nice area for you to head to. It will provide you with a range of pubs, entertainment, McDonalds and even a bowling alley. To add to this, it has a lovely golden sand beach where you can hire a sun lounger for the day or if you are like me and do not like spending the day lying in the sun; there is a place on the beach with a hut and chairs that sell lovely refreshing drinks. You can take a free deck chair and buy a drink and sit there as long as you want, although you should be sociable and get a few if you are intending to stay a long time. These people do have to earn a living.

If you are thinking of going on holiday July and August, remember to get some closed canvas shoes as the sand gets so hot, it can be unbearable to walk on. Literally, really hot so bear this in mind.

Fanabe and El Duque is located in Costa Adeje in the South of Tenerife. It has some of the most appreciated spots on the island with the colourful sand. Why do I love this place? Well if you visited it and saw for yourself then you would know exactly what I mean. There is not much I can say I do not like other than it can be quite quiet in January in this region. It’s clean, plenty of bars and restaurants and if you decide to walk further towards San Sebastian, I think this is a nice little romantic stroll.

If you head up behind the restaurants from the beach, you will see a nice area that takes you into El Duque. Now this is a nice little quaint place with hotels where even some famous people have stayed. There are some nice luxury hotels set in this peaceful area and also a luxury shopping complex to match. Good window shopping place and some lovely little walk routes for an afternoon stroll.

I have added some photographs of the route to San Sebastian and the Hotel Mirador which has a little local stall on certain days. You would need to walk into the alleyway and explore into this part of the hotel to find the hidden pretty buildings and picturesque area.


El Mirador,  El Duque



                                                              Approaching Mirador Hotel, El Duque


Inside El Mirador Hotel, El Duque


Inside El Mirador Hotel, El Duque
                                                          

Inside El Mirador Hotel, El Duque
Fanabe beach walk

The views along the way are incredible and breath taking. Before you know it, you have walked quite a few miles without even realising it. There are some nice little stop off places to visit for a cold drink and to chill out, read a book or just sit enjoying the beauty with a loved one. Either way, you will feel relaxed and good that you took a walk along this route. I have walked this route many times and never get tired of what I see along the way. If you do manage to get to Tenerife, make sure you take a walk along Fanabe, past the commercial shopping centre (El Duque) where you will see luxury items to buy at a pricey tag attached to it.

It was lovely walking along the seafront, past the tourist bars and restaurants although I only used to stop here for a cold drink. It is great for tourists but to be honest, I have been spoilt over the years with living like a local so I know the best food when I see it. Eating local tapas is far the best bet for me and knowing where to get such good food is another story which I will cover later in my blog.

The photographs for you to view, are some of the most, loveliest beach walks I have had and shared. It can be a little steep hill to climb but not too much so if you have trouble walking or out of breath easily, there is a few seats along the way where you can rest and take in the beauty of the sea.


Dorada – a great lager

I guess lager is something that is to your own taste and everyone to their own is what I say. I am more of a Kronenbourg drinker (not a massive drinker) but yet I hate Fosters so you get the picture. When in Tenerife, I tend to buy Dorada (red label) and usually in the bottle and it tastes better than the draft. Ask them if they have a frozen glass as this is extra nice when sitting in the sun. If I can, I try to always get the bottle instead of draft lager.

Photograph taken at Miami Bar (Fanabe) and just to say,
the pint glass is not mine. (MMc)


No comments :

Post a Comment