Pages

Meson Era Las Mozas, Arona


Not for Vegetarians… be warned

If your taste pallet is for meat, then you will not be disappointed at the Meson Era Las Mozas. The place is renowned for the size of the pork chops, ribs and steak. In fact, I nickname this the Dinosaur restaurant and I will always continue to call it this. I visit this place every year and each time, it never disappoints me.

What I love about the restaurant is the first impression as soon as you walk in. The pretty vines and simplicity of the place, makes the atmosphere so traditional and relaxing. Such a far cry from the tourist noise and typical overcharged English food, which to be honest is not the holiday experience I go for.








All the food is cooked to perfection on large old fashioned stoves and ovens. My choice is usually the half roast chicken and I mean, HALF which is a good size portion and tasty. I never tackled the port chop, rib or steak but my friends and family did and told me it was fantastic.

Meson Era Las Mozas is situated in Calle Cabezada 26, Valle San Lorenzo which is a little distance out from Adeje. If there is four of you in your party, it is worth taking a taxi ride out there and back so that you can split the fair. The prices are very reasonable so you will have a good night out and something to remember of your holiday. If you have a car for hire, definitely go as it will be worth it. Link for more information: https://es-es.facebook.com/eralasmozas



Don’t expect all the trimmings

You need to get out of your ‘tourist English’ mode when you visit as typical dishes do not come complete with vegetables and gravy. You order your meat and then Canarian potatoes or chips. This is standard in the Canarian style but you can finish off with a desert or coffee.

Traditional Sauces

Green Mojo – a sauce made from avocado, garlic and olive oil.
Red Mojo – a sauce made from cumin, crushed red pepper, olive oil and vinegar




No comments :

Post a Comment